Monday, May 13, 2013

DOODLE DAY MAY - Day 13

Welcome to Day 13 of the Doodle Day May Challenge. When my 5 year old suggested that we invite friends to do a daily doodle with us, I had no idea that it would blossom into such an incredible community of supportive artists, writers, teachers, parents, and friends. Thank you.

If you are visiting my blog for the first time or a friend sent you here to check out this super cool and very relaxing month long drawing challenge, welcome. Click on this link to see our Facebook Group page or the links below to see the first 12 days of Doodle Day posts.

Day 1 - Zentangles
Day 2 - Monsters
Day 3 - Think outside the circle
Day 4 - Make a face
Day 5 - Flower
Day 6 - Hat
Day 7 - Dog
Day 8 - Tree
Day 9 - Critters
Day 10 - One Continuous Line
Day 11 - Give Me a Hand
Day 12 - Mothers


"A morning-glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of books."-Walt Witman

"A house without books is like a room without windows.” -Horace Mann

 “I discovered windows one afternoon and after that, nothing was ever the same.” -Anne Spollen, The Shape of Water

“Set wide the window. Let me drink the day.” -Edith Wharton, Artemis to Actaeon and Other Verses

When I draw, I am often sitting at my drafting table or on my favorite chair in my screened in porch where I feel like I am in a tree house high up above the forest floor. This is where I ponder what to draw, what to create, what to write.

Today's Doodle Prompt is Through the Window.

What do you see? Select any window, anywhere and create a doodle of the window and/or what is beyond it. This is a classic concept for mural artists. You can draw what you actually see or what you would like to see or whatever else you can imagine that you see.

Maybe you see your backyard, front yard, neighbor, children, a beach, the woods, animals, a farm, a mountain, a playset, a nice stretch of grass, an alien planet, into someone else's house or apartment, a billboard, ...

Remember, a doodle does not need to take a lot of time. 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes. It does not need to be shaded or have any color. It does not need a lot of detail. The idea is to create a quick sketch without a lot thinking involved. Spend as little or as much time as you want to. Enjoy the relaxing feeling of the process. Put your pencil to the paper and see where your arm takes you.

Here are some reference images:















 
Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Ooh...! So many beautiful window views!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susanna, you should see the doodles that participants created! They were totally fantastic!

      Delete