Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 12-31, 2014 Doodle Day Summary


With school ending and summer starting, May has been a super busy month! The theme in Doodle Day has been NATURE and the doodles have been fantastic! Our online doodle community is up to 302 members from around the world. It is soo fun to wake up and check the posts to see what has been shared from the other side of the world overnight.

Here are my doodles from May 12 to May 31st:

DOGWOOD

PRECIPICE

ROCK
 
FOREST
 
DESERT
 
DAISY
 
I heard birds chirping outside my window and imagined what they could look like.
 
CAMELLIA
 
EUCALYPTUS (made me think of Koala)

 
 
APPLE (reminded me of when Mitzy would jump to get apples)

WEEPING WILLOW
 
PEACH
 
 
 ROSEMARY
 
LEMON
 
 
PICKLE

MUSHROOM

TROPICAL
ARCTIC

I also painting a couple of canvases in the last few days but I'll create a separate post to show those. 
 
 
Our theme for June is WORLD CULTURES so join or stay tuned for doodles representing something from 30 different countries. If you are not a member of Doodle Day but you are interested in joining, click HERE to join the Facebook Group. Whether you are an artist using doodles as a warm up or think you can't draw a straight line with a ruler (but would like to try), this group is for you.
 

5 comments:

  1. They are so cute, Alison! I particularly like the dogwood one which I missed on the Doodle pages. You would make a great cartoonist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catherine. I would love to be a cartoonist.

      Delete
  2. Your doodles made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got here much interesting stuff. The post is great! Thanks for sharing it! Candy Pen

    ReplyDelete